Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mesa Fire Makes Cuts, announces plans

Mesa Fire Department is going to cut 23 positions and about $7.5 million out of their budget. They are also promoting a revised method for handling 911 calls. Still no word on if the cut day of pay is on the table, but I am assuming with these announcements and the change of heart from the fire union head, that they probably aren't.

I am glad that they have come to the same conclusion that I have that it makes more sense to man some of the TRVs as opposed to keeping all of the big trucks on the road. If they think they can do it with only two, I will wait and see, but I thought the 5 TRVs seemed to make more sense to give more coverage across the city. It looks like no department will be spared in this recession.

No comments: