Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Scott Smith kicks it up a Notch

Looks like Scott Smith decided to kick off the New Year with a bang. I'd say that he is pretty serious about his run. I know that the guy is a former CEO, but donating $70,000 seems like he is in it to win it. Now, that the limits are off, it will be interesting to see if Griswold or Walters are able to respond by getting some more big ticket donations.

I have hearing more people talk about Smith more recently, but I don't really blame him for wanting to get the word out more. He hasn't been on the council for the past few years, and he doesn't have the city to pay for pancake breakfasts for him to attend. He is going to have to work hard to get the word out. He is probably going to have to work twice as hard in advertising and knocking on doors to beat out the incumbents. Look at Obama and Huckabee, they are kicking it into high gear and its getting results.

You have to love Griswold's comment about "buying the election" especially when he has dumped his own money into the election, broke the spending cap first, and then tried to back off of it by giving money back. The commenters are really letting him have it over that.

2 comments:

VOTE NO FOR SCOTT SMITH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hamiltonian said...

I own a home built by Scott and I think it is great. I enjoy our entire neighborhood, which has a natural desert feel to it. Scott had to go to great lengths in working with the city to get much of the work accomplished to make my neighborhood great. While I don't expect Scott's record to be perfect, I can say that I have been pleased with my home. Sorry you had a bad experience, but judging by your login name you probably don't actually live in one of Scott's homes but work for a campaign. Is it Rex's or Claudia's?