Thursday, January 31, 2008

Let the train go

Citizens of Mesa have 2 months to raise $10,000 bucks or else the Pioneer Park Train will be sold. I remember back in the day when people would come from all over to let their kids play on the train. Of course, this was back when kids didn't really need seatbelts and playground equipment was made out of real wood. By golly, I bet the paint had lead in it as well. Yet, some kids survived to have kids of their own!

First, I am glad that the council is not coughing up the money. At least they have the sense to avoid that debacle when they are cutting Police by $7 million. Since the train has been fenced off since the 90's, I say we should just let the thing go.

2 comments:

nb said...

I use to love playing on that train as a kid. We probably took our metal Tonka truks with us back then. :-)

Unknown said...

I had my kids in California this summer and a town up the coast had a very similar train for kids to play on. I thought it would be cool since I spent many hours playing on the Pioneer Park train. My kids could care less. They were bored two minutes after they got on. It's just a different generation and I don't think the train will be missed.