Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Rex Griswold likes puppies and long walks on the beach

Here is an interesting puff piece on Mayoral Candidate Rex Griswold from the Arizona Republic. It is my guess that we will see a series of features like this one each of the candidates in the upcoming weeks. One of my political insiders sent me this link to the Candidate survey responses. I haven't had a chance to read through them just yet, but I am glad to know that they are out there.

Overall, it was a good story with an interesting background on Griswold's business saavy and his experience on the council. I don't know why its a risk to educate people, but hey, I will take his word for it. I thought he had good answers and he really is trying to position himself as a person who could bring change, but one comment really bothered me:

"We're the piƱata of the East Valley," [Griswold] said. "We let lies sit on the table, and they become the truth."

The guy has been on the council for 5 years, and he is admitting that they allow lies sit on the table to become truth? Perhaps he is trying to say that Mesa has a perception problem, but thats not really what he said. Plus, if he admits there is a problem, why didn't he use his time to fix it? I see from his questionaire on the side that he had no part in the Bailey's Brake Shop debacle, but has he done anything to fix the problem?

No comments: