Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Robb supports Gaylord Project

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this: Arizona Republic Columnist Robert Robb had nice things to say about Mesa's Prop 300 and the Gaylord Project.

Not too long ago, I said that Robb "...of course, hates ice cream, apple pie, and puppies." following his negative review of Waveyard. It turns out that he also spoke critically of the Riverview shopping center.

The oft-naysayer of government participation in economic development even went as far as to say, "I, in fact, have very little critical to say about the Gaylord project. It strikes me as a very different proposition."

If you have read Robb for any length of time, you know that is about as resounding of an endorsement as he can muster. As you look around town, you can really feel the momentum building for Prop 300. While most people had a concern or two about some of the intiatives of the past, the people I have talked to seem to be fully on board. Maybe its the economy, maybe its the scope and feel of the project, but I would venture to guess that Prop 300 is leaning toward passage.

No comments: