Thursday, October 4, 2007

Waveyard Park issue might be settled

The City of Mesa has identified replacement park sites that they would consider for relocating the softball fields if Waveyard passes. I, for one, am glad to see that the City is at least working in the right direction towards coming to some sort of conclusion prior to the election.

I understand that the final site will probably not be picked by the time the election comes around. And why should it? The City should be very careful about the promises they make based on something that is still up in the air. Hopefully, they have a process in place, and lets all pray that it involves the neighbors in the area, since they seem to have strong opinions about it.

Parks are very important for quality of life, and I respect that people want this issue resolved. As I have said before, I am not against cutting back on a few parks for the time being to make more money to help pay for the essentials, but I know that many people don't agree with me.

Let's hope that this issue is settled to the satisfaction of those involved so its not standing in the way of their vote on Waveyard.

No comments: