Friday, November 9, 2007

Still a lot of work to do on Waveyard

Here is a great editorial in the Arizona Republic today about Waveyard and how there is still a lot of work to be done. My sentiments exactly! I have made it clear that I support the project and that I think that its good for the city. Now that its approved, however, I think that we need to make sure that the project is delivered as promised. I have scanned the development agreement and it looks like there are a lot of things in place to make sure that these guys give us everything that they are promised. I know that there were a few people out there complaining that this is going to end up being a glorified condo complex - I seriously doubt that will happen.

However, we need to make sure that there is not a gap between what was promised and what is actually delivered to the voters. The voters across Mesa overwhelmingly supported this project because they were promised something unique in exhange for those ballparks and that golfcourse. Now, they just have to make sure that they deliver.

No comments: