Thursday, June 26, 2008

The "New" Tribune, ugh

I don't know about you, but I am not a big fan of the new East Valley Tribune. Anything you do in which you launch a whole page trying to explain the reasons you are doing something is never a good sign. Its no secret that the print industry has been suffering, and I am sure that the Trib is no exception.

However, the readers who do actually pay for the service should be able to get a level of quality that reflects the fact that they pay for the service. The shorter editorials, the smaller stories, heck, even fewer crazy rants on the vent do not add up to the level of quality that I came to enjoy from the paper. I feel like I am getting 1/2 the paper for the same price.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know they just laid off 11 or so people so yes, they are going through their own myriad of problems.