Monday, June 23, 2008

Mesa Police costing the city more money

Not even a week after the police made a big deal about not getting enough money from the bond package, we find that they are also demanding to be paid for the time it takes for them to take their uniforms on an off. Perhaps this is why they need more money in the bond package.

Some cops are saying it takes less than 10 minutes, while others are saying it takes between 20 and 30 minutes. If I can get a pizza to my house in less than 30 minutes, I certainly hope that someone who sworn to protect the public can get their clothes on in less than that time.

This issue has cost Mesa nearly $190,000 to fight so far, which is even more unbelieveable when the city is having to scrape every dime together for things like keeping the Washington Activities Center open. Its important to keep perspective on things like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen times 10. Some fights are just not worth fighting.

Unknown said...

I go to work every day and last I checked I have to get ready before I leave my house!! Every one gets dressed before they go to work so why should Police officers get paid for it just because they are putting on a uniform? I think my boss would laugh me out of his office if I demanded to be paid for the time it takes me to get ready to go to work. I am VERY thankful for the job our police force does, but this issue is upsetting and insulting to me as a tax payer.