Monday, June 23, 2008

More wins from the DC trip

In addition to getting the ICE support that the City needs, Mesa also has received a commitment to continued support for the aviation program. I don't know if more is being done under the new Mayor and council, or if its just the change in perception that is causing people to stand up and take notice.

One thing is for certain, the old council didn't really make any noise until there was either bad financial news or they wanted to raise taxes. It was like not hearing from a relative for a long time and then only getting a call when they were in trouble or needed money. Its such a huge difference already. Its almost like the the new council is sending us "Just because" cards and pictures of their kids so we can see how they are growing.

This is great news for the city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I worked for Scott Smith and although my only source for info is when I read these blogs and news reports, I can see his fingerprints all over it. I'm sure City Staff has been set free and the other council members are confident to do everything they can for their respective districts. I experienced his leadership and was sad when he left our company. I'm glad to see the city is in good hands. He's also lucky to be surrounded by what appears to be competent council members that understand what he is trying to do.