Monday, April 14, 2008

Fiesta District Future

Here is a very interesting and comprehensive article about the Fiesta District. I thought it was a little funny that the writer is already assuming that Dennis Kavanaugh has taken back over as the councilman. I am sure Tom Rawles doesn't really mind.

The more interesting thing to note is that there is a perception problem that extends beyond the stabbings. They certainly don't help the situation, but its the mixed bag approach that makes the area such a mystery. There is a brand new Target and Bank right next to run down areas and aging strip malls. Best Buy is moving across the street which will help the mall, but hurt the plaza its in right now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame businesses for trying to position themselves. I just wish there was some vision for the area and where its going to end up. I bet that these discussions are even taking place already, but we cerainly aren't hearing about them.

No comments: