Monday, March 24, 2008

The plans for Gateway area

Interesting article about the Gateway area and how its going to impact Mesa's future. I think someone told me that its the largest undeveloped area left in Mesa. So, its an opportunity to make it something really unique. Or its another opportunity for a collosal failure.

One part I am interested in is this notion of an "aerotropolis." While I think the name is kind of lame, the notion is fairly intriguing. Building a core where people can live and work is great way to boost our economy and keep people from having to commute. I don't know about you, but our freeways can't handle another million people or so driving in to downtown everyday. Maybe the Gateway area can be its own sort of downtown. It sounds like there are a lot of big plans, and I will be certainly interested to hear more.

No comments: