Friday, March 7, 2008

Mesa Speaks?

I haven't had a chance to comment on the last few sections of the Tribune's survey results from this week. However, the more I have had a chance to look at this stuff, the more I really have to doubt its accuracy or at least doubt how the questions were posed. According to their survey, 49% of the people oppose Waveyard, or at least as they posed it, they oppose the incentives that are part of Waveyard. Gee, last time I checked, Waveyard was fairly popular. I think a commenter named AZMesa said it best:

"Well, this proves that the surveys the last few days were garbage. 'About 43 percent said they want the city to support the (Waveyard) park with tax incentives, 49 percent were opposed and slightly more than 8 percent weren't sure or did not answer.' Now, I have been against subsidizing this fiasco from the beginning, but the actual legal final poll at the voting booth (the only thing that counts) was 2 to 1 in favor of it. Alas, EVT, spend a little more $$$ on the poll and get a representative sample of LEGAL residents who VOTE."

Even the people who are opponents of Waveyard get that the thing has been voted on and approved.

No comments: