Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Who is the conservative in the Mesa Mayor's Race?

There has been a lot of talk lately in the national media about the about the conservatives and where they will go in the Presidential race. Its very interesting to see how McCain is handling it. Its also interesting to see this issue spill over to the local races. A few posts back, there was a back and forth between a couple of the commenters on who is the "conservative" in the Mesa Mayor's race.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, I don't necesarily know if there is a traditional "conservative" in the race. However, Scott Smith may have grabbed the mantle by announcing the endorsement of several conservative legislators (which was mentioned in the Republic this morning). I am not sure if Mesa is as conservative as it used to be, but Smith seems to be putting himself in a decent position by being both an agent of change and perceived as the more conservative of the three.

3 comments:

hamiltonian said...

I own a home built by Scott and I think it is great. I enjoy our entire neighborhood, which has a natural desert feel to it. Scott had to go to great lengths in working with the city to get much of the work accomplished to make my neighborhood great. While I don't expect Scott's record to be perfect, I can say that I have been pleased with my home. Sorry you had a bad experience, but judging by your login name you probably don't actually live in one of Scott's homes but work for a campaign. Rex, is that you?

Unknown said...

Interesting that's all you have to hang your hat on against Scott. I used to live in a Great Western Home and I never had any issues nor did any of my neighbors. Do you live in a Great Western Home? Did you ever sue Great Western for their supposedly shoddy home?

Mesa Issues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.