Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wave Goodbye to the Train

Saving the train at Pioneer Park is not getting a lot of support. I know that some people are sad about this, but I think it is a good thing. There are a lot of other things that we could be focused on right now. Plus, I don't think its worth $350,000 to save it, especially since kids still won't be able to play on it.

In case you are wondering, here is a run down on what each of the candidates thinks about saving the train. I agree with a couple of the candidates who say the train should be replaced with play equipment. Dave Richins mentions train themed equipment, which I think is the best idea of all. They shouldn't be raising money to save the train, they should be raising the money to replace it with something useful.

1 comment:

Nancy (Our Peaceful Planet) said...

This issue is getting more and more media attention and there is a web site now for it:

www.saveourtrain.com