Tuesday, February 26, 2008

West Mesa Showdown

I have heard that its getting a bit heated in District 1 between Dave Richins and Matt Tolman. I think that its interesting that both are being called "community backed" because I guess I have a different version of what I call the community.

In my mind, Richins is the community guy with the neighborhoods, the fire fighters, the Republic behind him. Tolman appears to be more the party guy with Legislators in his corner and serving as the Republican Party chair. I am not placing more value on one or the other, I just think its interesting phrasing.

Overall, the article seems interesting because its supposed to be talking about redevelopment, but it never really gets to the meat of the issue. Its says, Richins is for X,Y, and Z, and Tolman is against X,Y, and Z. I guess its hard to get into detail when you only have so many words. Richins seems like more of the known commodity while Tolman still appears to be fairly unknown beyond the typical conservative lines.

I bet people from District 1 would like to know how he voted on Waveyard, Riverview, and the property tax.

No comments: