Friday, July 8, 2011

East Valley Mayors Stand with Matt Salmon

City leaders believe in Salmon’s vision for job creation, growth and prosperity

EAST VALLEY – Former Congressman and candidate for Arizona’s 6th Congressional District Matt Salmon announced today that three East Valley Mayors have endorsed his bid to return to Congress. Salmon announced the following endorsements for his campaign:


Mayor Gail Barney – Queen Creek
Mayor Hugh Hallman – Tempe
Mayor John Insalaco – Apache Junction

Queen Creek Mayor Gail Barney stated, "Leaders from East Valley cities need a Congressman they can count to represent our local interests in Washington. Matt Salmon has proven that he is a man of his word and I know I can always trust in him to support the town of Queen Creek."

"I’ve known Matt for several years," said Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman, "and there is no one more qualified and more prepared for the job. Matt has a record of supporting policies that cut irresponsible government spending and produce economic growth, and he is exactly the type of leader we need in Washington to get our country’s financial house in order."

Apache Junction Mayor John Insalaco added, "I am proud to endorse Matt’s campaign to return to Congress. As a Mayor, I know the tough budget decisions that need to be made and I am confident in Matt’s ability to make the same tough decisions in Washington, so we can get our economy moving in the right direction."

Former Congressman Salmon stated, "I am honored to receive the endorsements from such exemplary East Valley Mayors. From my first day in Congress, I pledge to work day and night to promote policies that will generate economic prosperity and jobs for every East Valley city."

No comments: