Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This park brought to you by Mesa Issues

I am thinking about raising money to pay to sponsor one of 50 parks in Mesa. Its a pretty smart way to get maintenance paid for when the city doesn't have the money to do it. I certainly think we'd have to shoot for the $1,500 parks - I am proud of my readership, but I am also realistic.

I wonder how if they determine the cost by the cost of upkeep or by the value of the location. I am sure that some parks are more valuable than others for advertising/sponsorship purposes. If you are interested in helping "This park brough to you by Mesa Issues" become a reality, let me know in the comment section.

If you are interested in doing something yourself or with your business contact Darla Paulson at 480-644-3337 or visit www.sponsormesa.org

1 comment:

Shane Wikfors said...

I'm a firm believer in having members of the immediate or adjacent neighborhood band together and keep the park up. It would be great to see a small brigade of dads out every Saturday morning mowing and pruning for the kids in their neighborhood.