Friday, December 7, 2007

Mayor's Race Fundraising update

The Tribune has a story about the Mayor's Race Fundraising today. I wanted to see how these guys were doing so I looked back to my blog archives and found the story from October 26th that gave the last fundraising report. Obviously, these are rough numbers, so its not completely accurate, but its still interesting to compare the two:

Rex Griswold
October 26th - $70,000
December 7th - $77,000
A $7,000 gain


Claudia Walters
October 26th - $40,000
December 7th - $47,000
A $7,000 gain


Scott Smith
October 26th - $40,000
December 7th - $60,000
A $20,000 gain

So, it looks to me like Scott Smith is outpacing the other two in fundraising. Am I missing something here? I think that the headline from today's Tribune seems a little misleading. Looks to me like Smith was the top fundraiser over that period of time. Sure, Griswold is still in the lead, but not even a notation about how big the gap is? Now, I am not looking directly at the reports, but the paper isn't being consistent with their numbers.

One of the commenters brings up a good point as well, why mention Smith's personal loan to his committee but not Griswold's?

No comments: