Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Best wishes to Matt Salmon

I was sort of bummed to read that former congressman and candidate for Governor Matt Salmon has take an job in Washington DC. I always thought he represented Mesa well as a solid congressman who stuck to his convictions. I also give him kudos for respecting his promise to his self imposed term limit - something that can't be said about Congressman Flake as mentioned by the Tribune:

"At one time, Salmon considered succeeding Flake, presuming that Flake would stick to his own term-limit pledge. Flake reneged though, and Salmon never sought to regain the office."

(This reminds me, how come no one really talks about how Flake renegged? Its almost like a mundane fact at this point).

Salmon was also influential in the Waveyard deal which has the potential to have long term positive impacts on the City of Mesa. I wish Mr. Salmon well on his endeavors.

No comments: