Friday, September 21, 2007

Interesting...

Here is an interesting article from one of my favorite blogs the Sonoran Alliance. They do a great job on keeping up on politics from across the state and they have a little blub about the mayor's race here in Mesa. They have been among many pretty vocal about the Phoenix City Council races, but I guess I was kind of surprised that they took any interest in whats going on out here. Anyway, they believe that the Mesa Mayor's race will be a showdown to mark the "cultural and religious shift taking place in Mesa."

I think they missed something major.

I certainly think that Griswold his hoping that the non-mormons can pull this out for him, but I think that the real factor is something much different. If Freestone gets out, you are looking at two sitting city council members running against a guy who is preaching change. With all of the woes that Mesa has endured in the past few years, do you think its going to be more about religion or about the future of Mesa?

No comments: